Search This Blog

Friday, December 12, 2008

Looking for an, er, interesting career change?

A few weeks back when I was setting up my company's website, I wrote a blog about how I stumbled upon a job posting trend for GoGo dancers (with the link being that my company is Market GoGo). I compared that to VP of Marketing positions, and found that GoGo dancers may have better prospects. Well - just kidding a bit.

In any event, I went back to Simply Hired and ran a few more searches. An interesting one is to run a comparison of hiring for VP of Marketing, VP of Operations, and VP of Finance. From that you will see that the VP of Marketing jobs are hot from about February to October. In contrast, the VP of Operations jobs & VP of Finance jobs are relatively hot all year long.

Anyhow - here's the "live graph". It might be interesting to watch this over time.


(Hey ... what's going on. That graph has shown VP of Marketing jobs as being hot from Feb to October for a couple of weeks now. I just looked at the graph after publishing it, and now it is a nice steady line. Bizarre. Anyway, ... that's data from a third party.)


=================
David Jones
www.MarketGoGo.com

No comments: